Certified Hand Therapist - OT or PT
Hand & Ortho is seeking a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) for both part-time and full-time positions. A CHT is preferred, but we will consider a therapist with 2+ years of hand therapy experience and on a CHT track.
- Graduate of an Accredited Occupational or Physical Therapy Program, licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Utah.
- Certified Hand Therapist preferred or working toward the hours of direct practice required to sit for the exam
- Independent and skilled in custom orthosis fabrication of any type and completing basic to moderately complex hand injury evaluations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, non-cognitive abilities (ie, empathy, emotional intelligence, grit, etc.), manual therapy skills and clinical reasoning skills.
- Desire to be a part of a team that emphasizes a culture of clinical excellence and life-long learning.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities:
- Knowledgeable in all diagnoses of hand and upper extremity conditions, treatments and procedures
- Evaluate and manage a wide variety of hand and upper extremity conditions
- Diagnose movement dysfunction and develops a treatment plan
- Clearly teach patients in proper use therapeutic exercise techniques
- Schedule patients effectively for best time utilization and practice management
- Stays current in EMR documentation which includes goals and progress, frequent FOTO surveys and discharges
- Accurate and thorough documentation that identifies skilled treatment interventions, medical necessity and establishes realistic long short and long-term goals
- Understand and complies with all Medicare documentation guidelines and maintains a plan of care for each patient which includes the required referrals and renewals.
- Stays current in billing of charges in EMR (TheraOffice)
- Willing to make and build relationships with physicians (call, text, email, visit) relative to patient’s plan of care
- Willing to learn about and participate in marketing (Google Reviews, posts, etc.)
Benefits of joining our therapist-owned team include:
- Signing Bonus
- Competitive Salary
- Generous annual CEU allocation
- Medical/dental insurance
- AFLAC insurance – Life, Disability, Accident, Cancer, etc. (pre-taxed dollars)
- On-Boarding Training
- Hand Therapy Mentoring (negotiable)
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- Hand Therapy In-Services quarterly
- A collaborative team environment
- An opportunity for growth and professional development
To inquire or apply, please email Annie Jenson at email@example.com